What is self-checkout?
Self-checkouts, also known as assisted checkouts or self-service checkouts, are machines that allow customers to complete their own transactions at a retail store without needing the assistance of a cashier. Self-checkouts are typically found in supermarkets, retail stores and fast-food outlets. They offer several benefits to both customers and retailers.
Benefits for customers
· Speed: Self-checkouts can help to reduce checkout times, especially during busy periods.
· Convenience: Customers can complete their transactions without having to wait in line for a cashier.
· Control: Customers can scan and bag their own items at their own pace.
· Privacy: Customers can avoid having to interact with a cashier.
Benefits for retailers
· Reduced labour costs: Self-checkouts can help to reduce the number of cashiers that a retailer needs to hire.
· Increased throughput: Self-checkouts can help to increase the number of transactions that a retailer can process per hour.
· Improved customer satisfaction: Self-checkouts can help to improve customer satisfaction by reducing wait times and providing a more convenient and efficient shopping experience.
Using a self-checkout kiosk:
The process of using a self-checkout kiosk is typically very simple. Customers scan their items using a barcode scanner, place the items in a bag, and pay for their purchases using cash, credit card, or debit card. Some self-checkout kiosks also accept mobile payments.
HiStone self-checkout POS systems
B-Spoke Systems Ltd are proud to offer HiStone self-checkout POS systems throughout Leicester, Leicestershire and the East Midlands. We believe that HiStone’s self-checkout POS systems are the best on the market and as a UK distributor for HiStone we have a wide range of self-checkout POS systems to suit your business needs. You can view the full range of self-checkout POS systems, as well as other point of sale systems we can supply here